This airport serves the City of Santiago de Compostela and is also used by people travelling to A Coruna which is 75 kms away.
If you are travelling here and cannot get a direct flight then it is better to head for Madrid and change flights.
In 2009 Santiago De Compostela received 1,943,900 passengers and 20,158 flights, with the majority of those passengers arriving via internal domestic routes.
The car hire companies based at the airport have their offices in Hall A of the arrivals area. Here you will find the following companies:
- Atesa at Santiago de Compostela Airport
- Avis at Santiago de Compostela Airport
- Europcar at Santiago de Compostela
- Hertz at Santiago de Compostela Airport
Ryanair and Iberia/BA fly direct to Santiago de Compostela from the UK. Ryanair fly from Stansted, Nottingham East Midlands and Liverpool and AerLingus operates from Dublin.
Many of the flights that arrive at the airport are from internal Spanish flights. Iberia and Spanair offer the best selection of flights and you can fly to and from Santiago De Compostela from: Frankfurt, Paris and Rome and Barcelona, Bilbao, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Madrid, Malaga, Palma, Reus, Seville, Tenerife South and Valencia.
Ryanair also flies to Frankfurt and Rome-Ciampino, while Vueling Airlines offers flights to Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
We offer information on flights from: Dublin to Santiago – Liverpool to Santiago – Nottingham to Santiago – Stansted to Santiago
The arrivals at Santiago are handled in two different halls. Hall A deals with domestic and Schengen flights, and Hall B handles both non-Schengen and Schengen flights. You can find out information on live flight arrivals at Santiago Airport here
Boarding is via the ground floor (gate 1, which provides access to the apron) or the first floor floor (six gates 2 to 7, four of which are equipped with air bridges and the other two with remote boarding).
For more information on live flight departures from Santiago Airport click on the link.
When you are visiting a new area or country it often takes a few days to find your way around. We have lived and worked in Spain for a number of years, and to make your life easier have written an Area Guide to Santiago which contains information on Santiago local attractions, golf courses in Santiago, the best places to shop in Santiago, Santiago market days and where the best Santiago beaches are. We have also included a list of recommended Santiago restaurants.
Parking at Santiago de Compostela provides spaces for 1200 cars and the charges are as follows: €0.42 for the first half hour and €0.52 for the next 30 minutes and €0.96 per hour thereafter. Daily parking costs for a maximum of 4 days costs €10.45 with a daily maximum from the fifth day of €8.35. A lost ticket incurs a penalty of €50.
You will find four different buses at Santiago de Compostela Airport:
- Airport – Lugo: Route run by the Empresa Freire company between the Santiago airport and the Lugo bus station (Plaza de la Constitución s/n). Runs throughout the day from 07.00 – 19.30
- Airport to Santiago Centre: connects the Airport to Dr. Teixeiro, Avenida de Lugo, the bus station and San Lázaro.Runs every 30 – 40 minutes.
- Airport to Santiago (Doctor Teixeiro line): runs every 30 – 60 minutes
- Special Ryanair service: provided for Ryanair flights connects the airport with the Plaza de Galicia in Santiago, with stops in Avenida de Lugo (near the train station), at the bus station, and in San Lázaro (Convention Centre).
- Information telephone: (0034) 981 588 111 and (0034) 981 542 416 or visit www.empresafreire.com
- Airport to A Coruna: connects Santiago Airport with the Hotel Atlántico in A Coruña (Jardines Méndez Nuñez s/n).Just one bus per day which leaves at 12:15. Information telephone: +34 981 257 082.
Taxis can be found outside the main terminal building and you should expect to pay €20 for a trip into Santiago de Compostela and around €90 for a taxi to A Coruna. Information telephone: (0034) 981 591 575
Visit our Passenger Services at Santiago Airport for general information on Santiago de la Compostela Airport including Banking Facilities, Internet Connection, Lost & Left Luggage, First Aid Amenities, Tourist Information Offices and the Information desk at Santiago Airport.
In some ways the most important aspect of all, Santiago Weather gives you a full 3 day, 5 day and 10 day forecast with information on the year round climate in Santiago de Compostela and the surrounding area.
Left Luggage Store
There is no left luggage store at Santiago Airport.